Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lady M Confections: Vanilla Mille Crepe

I finally got to chance to try the famous Lady M cake that my doctor and friends are all raving about. They have opened an outlet in Marina Square, which is just a 5-minute walk from my clinic. Bless the people who have decided to open one outlet in Marina Square, they have just brought lots of joy into my life.


I can definitely understand why the Vanilla Mille Crepe is their signature cake and it is famous worldwide - because it is absolutely delicious! It is made of twenty pieces of handmade paper-thin crepes with ethereal light pastry cream in between the layers and the top is caramelised to a beautiful golden. It's so good, it's gone within minutes the delicate sweetness of the pastry cream lingers in my mouth.

However, I think the shop itself is a little bare. Perhaps the concept is minimalism, but shouldn't the shop be more "ladylike" when the name is called Lady M? The word "lady" gives a sense of sophistication, which I do not see in the shop design.

I have made it my goal to try all the cakes. Yes, they are very expensive, but some things are just worth the money. Vanilla Mille Crepe is one of them.

No comments: