Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Osaka Ohsho

Stella says that there is a promotion for Osaka Ohsho on Parti, a Japanese magazine, so we decided to have our dinner there. 


I ordered the Classic Tenshin Han Set. 

I really don't think it is even worth $10, much less the promotional price of $13.90. 

The omelette itself is not too bad but I think it would have been much better if fried rice had been used in place of white rice. However, the sauce that covers the omelette totally ruined the whole dish. It left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Osaka Ohsho is supposed to be the "King of Gyoza" but I am not impressed by what I had. The gyozas are all stuck together and the skin tears when I try to pull them apart. The filling is not flavorful enough, I can only taste cabbage and some pork. 

The soup is just some Chinese cabbage soup, I thought this is supposed to be a Japanese restaurant?!

I guess it is still acceptable for average folks who couldn't care if they are eating authentic Japanese food, but it's unacceptable to food lovers like me and Stella.

Stella and I have both come to the sad conclusion that any restaurant that is under the Ajisen group of restaurant is, as we Singaporeans say, "cannot make it". I would love to be proven wrong, but until then, I am going to blacklist this restaurant. 

No comments: