Friday, July 11, 2014

The French Table

The French Table is located at the inconspicuous West Coast Plaza. I would have never guessed that a French restaurant would set up its restaurant here if I had not spied it on a recent visit to the mall.   


I have never been fond of duck because I find that it has a weird smell, but I do know that duck confit is a French classic dish. Being new to the French cuisine, I thought it would be best to start with the classics and ordered Confit de Canard. The duck skin is crispy but the duck meat is a little salty which masks the weird taste of duck meat so it's not a bad thing after all. This dish is supposed to be served in red wine sauce, but they either ran out of red wine or someone in the kitchen made a mistake. 


Creme Brulee was excellent. The sweetness was just right. 

Although there were a few misses with the food, but the excellent service and reasonable pricing made this trip worthwhile. I could definitely see myself coming back. 

No comments: